slice of my life

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Alone

I'm home alone. And I've wasted a lot of time today on the computer.

Larry and J are at the TNT youth conference. I know they're having fun, because they are tweeting and updating their statuses on Facebook. The group will perform tonight. They did this show back in the spring, and have re-vamped it for this conference---cutting down from 40 cast members to 18. There were a lot of songs re-cast, but J gets to keep his song where he is wearing a dress and singing in falsetto. I think he was excited about getting attention at the conference for such a role. I wish the guys luck!! There are a lot of props for this show, and I hope it goes as smoothly as it did this past weekend when they practiced it before and audience twice.

B is on her own adventure tonight---staying over at Girl Scout camp. They have Day Camp this week, but B gets to spend one night with her age group. This is complicated by the almost 5 inches of rain we got yesterday. There is still a chance of afternoon showers, and if they get heavy, the camping overnight might get cancelled. They had to cancel camp completely yesterday because of the rain. B was so disappointed. I woke yesterday morning with thunder rolling and the rain coming down hard already, enough so that the satellite dish was flipping on and off. Usually that means it's thick clouds overhead. When I checked the radar on the computer, it just looked like it would keep on training over our area all day. The girls had already endured some rain the day before---they pulled out their trash-sack-ponchos. So B was telling me that we should drive over there and see if it was on. I was thinking we should wait until it stopped thundering. About that time we got the call from her leader telling her to stay home. Very sad.

This very well may be my fault. Last week they were predicting the temps to be about 95 to 100, and high humidity so it was going to feel like 110 degrees. I was praying it would cool off for these Girl Scouts! I got my prayer answered, but it involved rain. OOoops!

I think I am going to take my sister's advice and watch a sappy movie and shop for some shorts, which I need. I need to figure out what I want to do for dinner all by myself, though!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I long to have the house to myself and then when I do, I miss my boys. Can't win!! Hope you enjoyed the evening, had a scrumptious dinner and got your shopping done.

    BTW, stop by and sign up to win a copy of “This One is Mine” by Maria Semple. Entries close midnight (Pacific time), June 15!

    JHS
    Colloquium

    By Blogger JHS, at Friday, June 11, 2010 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home