slice of my life

Thursday, June 03, 2010

food and fun

I finished my knitting and I kinda want to give it to my sister. It's red, white and blue, and her birthday is close to Independence Day. I guess I better get a picture. I am still thinking of doing a dish towel to match.

It has been RAINING! and I love it. Our high today was in the 70s I think. I sure wish it would be this cool for poor little Girl Scouts at Camp Howdy next week! They will be out (in the shade, mostly) from 8 to 3 every day, and it will be a scorching kind of day for them. Our girls will be in the cool Campcraft, which means they will spend the night there one night! Very exciting.

The very next week is our troop's trip and we'll camp out 3 nights. We are so brave.

I went to yoga today!! After having tight shoulders all day yesterday, I was very glad to go stretch out. Whew! I feel better. I walked the neighborhood the day before with Jamie. I plan on walking again tomorrow. I am going to get more fit this summer!

I thought I'd tell about all our dinners we're having lately.

I'll go back a bit and forward.
Sunday---out to lunch (Casa Ole) and then Ovies (we made stuffed mushrooms and mini cupcakes)
Monday---We had a potluck lunch with friends and I made a pasta salad and more of those cupcakes.
Tuesday---Steaks, salad (thanks, Dad, for the Omaha Steaks!)
Wednesday---B's meal: bowtie and shell pasta, corn on the cob and garlic bread. She is not a fan of meat.
Thursday--- breakfast tacos (bacon and egg). Salsa on the side! I used reduced-salt bacon and didn't sat the eggs.
Friday---B's turn again: Betty Crocker Julienne Potatoes with Savory Garlic Pork chops (the recipe she found on the box of potatoes!) I think this will turn out very yummy.
Saturday---TROUPE is doing dinner and a show for $15. I think Hamburgers and chips are on the menu. Larry will be doing some grilling for this event.
Sunday---I have a gift card for Papa Perez we may use (thank you Medina family!)
Monday---The last night we're all together for a while!! I will cook a chicken in a crock pot and we'll have either mashed potatoes or rice, and Mediterranean veggies (carrots, califlower, Italian green beans, zucchini)
Tuesday--my guys will be gone to Dallas!! They will go see Wicked with the TROUPE peeps and then onto Abilene for the Texas Nonprofit Theaters youth conference.
B and I may have chicken tortilla soup.

We have a very busy week, and we will be split up as a family for almost two weeks straight. Boys go together to Abilene the first week, Girls go with scouts to Palo Duro Canyon (stopping one night in Abilene) the next week.

I'm trying to de-clutter and orgaize again. I hope next week when B is gone I can work alone (and not play on Facebook all day!).

Have a good week everyone!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi Jenny. I don't know if you remember me but I was just reading back over some of my old posts (looking for something...haven't found it yet!) and saw a comment you made to one of my most difficult and heartfelt posts. I just wanted to stop back in and thank you for your wise advice and care at a really difficult time. Things have moved along here although, if you check in on one of my recent posts you'll see the whole step family thing continues.:-)Nowadays i am more au fait with the whole thing. Hope everything is going well for you. Looks like it is from your blog!

    By Blogger Arizaphale, at Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:46:00 AM  

  • Your boy is heading to Hollywood?

    By Blogger Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪, at Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home