slice of my life

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday's Feast, July 11th

This was the feast we had last Friday before the parade in Granbury. We got to eat a Mexican brunch on the patio--breads and breakfast tacos with potatoes, chorizo and egg. And this is my Mom enjoying it!

Appetizer
When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
I just had it cut on June 25th. This is pretty recent for me---I go so infrequently.

Soup
Name one thing you miss about being a child.
The lack of worry . . . oh, wait, I even worried then.
Hmmm . . . How about just the feeling that everything was going to be taken care of for me----dinner was always there, Santa always came, the electricity always came on, school clothes were always bought, dinner out with my grandparents after church would always happen. I know it was a collaborative effort to make all those financial things happen, but I didn't worry in the slightest about how that was going to work. Now I'm the one in charge of that!


Salad
Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
butter (but olive oil if it's to be on salad!!)

Main Course
If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
Spanish. My kids are now fluent in it, so I should get that way, too. It would be very helpful here in Texas, but also it would open my mind to the romance languages. (I took German in high school and college.) I think an Asian language should be my kids' next language. Chinese or Japanese might turn out to be the most helpful languages to learn for business in the future.

Dessert
Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
getting ready to teach another year in elementary school, and working on my Master's Degree. My kids will be going into their senior and freshman years of high school. Can that be right? in only 5 years!??!?


B and Larry are right now on their way to Temple to run/jump/put a shot in the Regional Track Meet. Highs today and tomorrow? only 98 degrees. Good Luck B!!! I wish I was going.

But the reason I'm still home is that J is in a show this weekend. The summer TROUPE camp is putting on Annie, and J is the character Rooster. He's Ms. Hannigan's brother, a bad guy, and the one who pretends to be Annie's dad and take her away from Daddy Warbucks. He has 4 shows this weekend, and two more next weekend. I'll be his chauffeur and see the show myself at least 2 times.

(I sent this as an e-mail to some, but thought it appropriate for the blog, too.)
Hey Everyone! I'm so excited. I got an email this morning linking me to my "unofficial" scores for the BIG Content Area test I took in June. I passed, so now I am on the way to being certified to teach grades 4-8. I know, I have a job in Kindergarten for the fall, but I had signed up for the test before I got this job. I am so glad and relieved---I just wasn't sure how I did on that test, or even what I had to make to pass. My plan now is to take the test for Early Childhood-4th grade, Generalist certification, which would make me, in total, qualified to teach kids from Pre-K to 8th grade. Once I get through all the other training, too.
:-) Yea me!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • thats a long feast! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 11, 2008 6:50:00 PM  

  • Congrats on passing your test!!!! Yay you!

    I hardly ever get my haircut either. It's literally usually about once a year.

    That's awesome that both of your kids are fluent in Spanish. That will certainly serve them well in life!

    By Blogger D..., at Friday, July 11, 2008 7:36:00 PM  

  • I relate so well to your worry comment. Thanks for your comment on mine. Congratulations on passing your test. I enjoyed reading both your blogs. (The photos on my blog sidebar are my husband's. Much as I'd like to take credit for them, he's the photographer. While I take most of the family shots, he does the "other people" and definitely the sports shots.)

    By Blogger 3 for school, at Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home