slice of my life

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Or not-so-deep, just trying to think of a title here.

I heard a good idea earlier this summer, and I've been consistently using it, so I thought I'd share. At GS Day Camp, one of the more seasoned ladies out there mentioned this. When packing a water bottle for the day, she would freeze half a bottle of water then add water in the morning right before she left. That way, it's cooled, but you still have some water to drink right away.

This has come in handy when B was going to Track Camp in the mornings. I was walking, too, and I really have enjoyed having cool water to drink! Plus, I am SO in favor of drinking tap water as opposed to buying water. Ug! It's almost free! And it has good ol' fluoride in it. I did buy water bottles at the beginning of the summer, but I've kept our freezer stocked with half-full water bottles. The bad thing is, I still have to wash those water bottles by hand----my newish dishwasher is melting the bottles into weird shapes. Maybe some kind of lighter cycle?

My favorite bottles? The nice, thick, tall, plastic bottles with the twist lid.

Second thought is about my latest books. I am now reading a second book in a row that uses a Bible book as a model. First was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (Hosea), and now I am on East of Eden by John Steinbeck (Genesis). Although with all the stuff I'm reading about how this "parallels" Genesis, I don't think it really does. There are definitely some references, but it's not the whole Genesis or anything. At least not yet. :-) I'm enjoying this one, and I don't really know where it's going to end up. I like that in a book.

Enjoy your week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home