slice of my life

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday's Feast, June 20




Appetizer
If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?
Europe. I think there's so much to see over there.

Soup
Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?
Internet Explorer

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?
7, I guess. I have a pretty good feel for stuff like that, but not a passion for it! ;-) I only like to remember stuff that is interesting to me, so I forget all kinds of important dates and battles.

Main Course
Finish this sentence: Love is…
Love is like a lucky penny---hold it tight and you won't have many. Give it away, and you'll have plenty. You'll end up having more.
I have little time today to get any more philosophical than that! ;-)

Dessert
Have you ever been in or near a tornado?
Yes---I have plenty of times. Mom can tell the story about she and I getting under a bed (when she was pregnant with my sister). I also watched 3 tornadoes form my dorm's balcony one time (1990?), and a little one went through my neighborhood a couple of springs ago. It only tore up some roofs two streets over, and twisted some trees in the park. I was looking out the front door, marveling at the wind when it happened----there was no warning about it. We were on our way out the door to school with the kids.
I had two things I needed to do before I could "play" today. The first one being getting the house ready enough for the bug exterminator to walk through and spray our walls. We aren't having problems, but I like to keep the buggers out of here! ;-)
The second thing was my studying and practice test I took for my BIG test tomorrow. I am taking a Content Area test for grades 4-8. I am going for a Generalist certification, and if I pass this, it'll be great. I took a practice test, and I made an 86. Not too bad! But I can't remember what I have to make to pass. I don't feel altogether ready for this. And I'd feel a lot better if I was taking the EC-4 test instead, now that I have a job in Kindergarten. But I will go for this, and maybe I'll pass. The encouraging part was, I got all the Math questions right! They are HARD, too. Really.
I can take another test later.
I am confident I can be a good teacher, and I'm confident anything that I need to teach, I will learn really well before I need to present it to anyone. BUT I have to show here that I know enough to teach it before I really do!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home