slice of my life

Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday's Feast, June 13

B-a-n-a-n-a-s
Appetizer
Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

Well, one time my eyes were opened by my husband on this. This same question was asked in a "Not-So-Newlywed" game we were having at church. I thought for sure I was an optimist---that's the "right" answer, isn't it? We missed the question because Larry shook his head and said no, no, no. Because he sees the "all" of me better than anyone, I took that to heart. :-( I think I plan for the worst, but hope for the best. Maybe I'm somewhere in the middle, and I'm a realist (this is what J thinks he is). But lots of my friends and workmates see me as positive. Maybe I'm just giving my best at the office! What a sad question thought!

Soup
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?
Black---and I feel strongly about it!!
But I do love to have a variety of colors available, too. Love a purple pen! But if I cna only have one, it's black.

Salad
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?
Oh, I guess I do pedicures---but I haven't had my fingernails done in forever. I do it myself---I'd rather spend $20 or whatever on something else (craft supplies?). I still haven't gone anywhere to do one! But I will when I get done with my schooling---with the gift basket J won me off the radio for Mother's Day! ;-)

Main Course
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?
Yes! When B was only 1, I got a $100 prize from Toys-R-Us in her name. I won a gift basket from Unilever brands one time, filled with Dove soaps (I think this is the brand!), shower gels, lotions, and a cool CD I never would have bought, but I love: The Best of Sheryl Crow. And I once won a purse from a fellow blogger. She had made it! I think that's so cool.

Dessert
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?
The living room---I don't know where else we'd put it, but it's great for watching over my children's shoulders.
If you'd like to do the feast yourself, or see what others have to say, go to Friday's Feast!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I think of you as an optimist. You always seen to see the best in people until they prove you wrong. I tried to bring you up to plan for the worst that could happen but expect the best. I don't think it is being a worrier to plan for the worst. If you think of the glass as half full the aren't you an optimist?
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 13, 2008 11:34:00 AM  

  • Great feast today! Congrats on your winnings!

    Living room...that's exactly why I have mine there. To keep an eye out on everything!

    Mine’s up…come on over.

    Also, I’d like to ask you to answer the question I have in the post below my feast. THANKS!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    By Blogger Kim, at Friday, June 13, 2008 8:34:00 PM  

  • we are both a realist! :) i do plan for the worst but hope for the best, too.

    have a good week! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, June 15, 2008 12:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home