slice of my life

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday . . .

There isn't a Friday's Feast up yet, so I will just give an update.

We have finished the floor in our living room and dining room! Yay!! It was hard work, and Larry did it. I was merely his helper in this, cleaning as we went. I passed him tools as he needed them, like a nurse would pass to a doctor during surgery.

Here are some pictures---
This one is of one of the weirdest cuts Larry had to make. This is also where we started, so we're jumping in feet first with the difficult project!Here is Angel in her crate. We got this part done and brought her in. She was very curious about what we were doing by her crate.We got this strip of planks in, and Larry is relieved. This was only about 8 feet wide at the time, but it went from the back of the room to the front.Here's Larry by the front door. For now, the real wood by the front door stays, but I think I'll get something different in there eventually.This was the last piece to put together in our flooring puzzle. I know, I know . . . we didn't do this in exactly the right order, but it's done and fabulous. :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • It looks great!

    Even tho it looks like you didn't do it in the right order, you did it right. Hubby read that you are supposed to do that so if you have to replace a plank, it won't look out of whack with the other planks. You don't want matching grooves & swirls in the wood.

    By Blogger D..., at Friday, July 25, 2008 10:30:00 AM  

  • I think it looks beautiful! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do here. If something spills you can just wipe it up with water. I can't remember now how the rugs looked but I know they were dirty.

    Granny A

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 25, 2008 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home