slice of my life

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Feast, March 30

Appetizer
What are you proud of?
I am proud of J. See my entry below. I'm not proud of me, taking credit for how my kids are turning out. I have to keep reminding myself that they are their own people, but I am proud of both of my kids for their sakes.

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?
The first thing that comes to mind is the gift basket I won from Dove products. I got several body washes, bars of soap, a pretty wire basket, and "The Very Best of Sheryl Crow" CD. It was great. I had entered an online contest and didn't know I had won until it was mailed to my house.

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.
After another sleepless night (part of it anyway), I would say that worrying in the middle of the night is a waste of time. I am trying to turn it around to prayer time, turning my worries into prayers. But any time I spend worrying is a waste of time. However, I can never be doing only one thing at a time, so I am usually wasting my brain power worrying, but I am doing something else (like trying to go back to sleep?), so i am technically not wasting time, I think. :-)

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?
I'm reading a book about teaching literacy to young children. Truly, everyone changes SO much in that first year, it's amazing.
But this probably isn't as interesting as thinking about my more adult life. I'd say my freshman year of college I changed the most. I was 18 and turned 19 that year. I came home at Christmas, and my high school friends (a year behind me) thought I had really changed a lot. I stopped being so scared of sticking out in a crowd, and I got more outgoing. I was learning a lot in classes, but I learned a lot more about being out on my own, managing my time, eating what I wanted, hanging out with people of my choice, and even more about being a part of an exciting, serving, worshipping Christian community. Lots happened that year---not the least of which, I started dating my husband!

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
A library---at least if I am not refereeing my children for some reason! I think a bookstore would also fit in this category. People still are quiet in bookstores and libraries.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home