slice of my life

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Day



These pictures are less than an hour and a half old. Heehee! Today is the first day of school. J will be in 5th grade, B in 2nd.

L drove J to school and was walking him in. J was walking fast and leaving L behind, and L asked him, "How long do you want me to stay?" J said, "Oh, you can go now." So long to those little boy days of hand-holding and kisses on the cheek. So long to him even caring that we are there?

B on the other hand was my responsibility this morning. She has a new teacher who's even new to this school, so she doesn't know what to expect. He seems nice enough. I sort of feel like I know what's going on more than he does, though!

She was nervous this morning, and I could tell by her expression. J is nervous, too, and couldn't control himself yesterday----he kept picking up B and the kids who came to our house yesterday. I got on to him at least 15 times for picking people up. I was about to pull my hair out. I am trying to give him some slack, knowing this is a stressful week for him.

I got B in her class, and she hugged her friends and sat down with her new school box and crayons and got going on the worksheet Mr. Yanez had them coloring. She sat by her friend from church, E, a boy. (Remember, I'm trying to only use initials, and it should include the friends, too, right?) I took a picture of her and her teacher, even thought she didn't want to. "I have to get a shot for your School Days album, " I told her. It's true. I am taking pictures thinking of the albums I'm making for them. I'm a Creative Memories Mom!

I got home and sat down here at the computer. I got a phone call at 7:55 (ten minutes after the first bell) . The caler ID said it was the school---J's school. I can't believe I am getting a call already! It was the nurse who said that J failed the eye exam. I am totally not surprised------I was against him not wearing the glasses, but I went with the flow (not just a persuasive J, but my own husband said he was fine without glasses). Now we have to go get an eye exam and glasses. School will go much better if he can see!


Now, what shall I do with the rest of my day? heeheehee!

2 Comments:

  • Bess's teacher looks as if he should still be in school! It seems strange to me to have men teaching younger children. Seventy years ago this was not allowed. I bet they make great teachers though. Hope this is your best school year.
    granny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:48:00 AM  

  • Thanks for posting this at Picture This!

    The look on your daughter's face is priceless. "OMG Mom, do you haaave too?"

    First day down, next hurdle, glasses. It's always something.

    By Blogger tracey clark, at Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home