slice of my life

Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's all about me

I am having the most self indulgent week of the past 10 years. I have had no one to take care of except me. It's really weird. It's a bit lonely. It's coming to an end this afternoon.

I am looking forward to seeing the kids and Larry again. But I am sad that I can't commandeer the TV and the computer at the same time anymore. I like having all my wants and needs met at once. Like right now, I still have a scrapbooking table up in the living room, I am watching A River Runs Through It on the TV and I'm blogging and checking e-mail and getting a free sample of shampoo and a coupon for a Sonic drink. I am eating some lasagne at the computer desk (eating at the desk is a huge no-no!). I thought about doing some yoga in peace! I can't get over how I am just doing whatever I want!

This photo is all of us who went on our trip to South Padre. One foot each. Can you see my foot? Those who know me know my toes are all basically the same length.

I'm still basking in the glow of this trip. I still have my bag of shells to pour over. I still am waiting for others' pictures to combine with mine to make the mega-collection. I'm remembering the new insights I have learned about my friends. I'm excited about the sarong I got for myself---a coverup for the pool. I'm remembering the food I ate at Blackbeard's---shrimp and stuffed crab, and a loaded baked potato, and a salad. I remember the soft sand and the huge waves that made me laugh with fright! I'm remembering the "Oh Happy Day" that someone always said, and the comfort and care I recieved from my friends when I felt awful that one day.

So I am going back to the scrapbooking table now. A few more moments of self indulgence this morning!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home