slice of my life

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Palo Duro Canyon---Part 3

Here's some more pictures from our trip. One of the first things we did when we got to camp was cook dinner. Each adult lady was resposible for one cooked meal, along with 2 scouts. This one was my meal. Of course, no one took a picture of me, but here's Ricky and the girls. I am not the best fire starter, but the girls and I got it going just fine. In the end, we decided we needed a lot more wood to get the food all cooked over coals. B is the one in the black shirt, and the other 2 were my helpers.
This is after we pulled them off the fire.

This picture is before the cooking---we cut up potatoes & onions, and had baby carrots, salt and pepper, a little cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup, and our hamburger meat.


The deer were very tame! Firearms are not allowed in the park. We also saw wild turkey going through the campsites.

Up on the rock there, someone had put a wooden cross. I took this picture so we coud zoom in on it and look at it up close on my camera display.

That's the next installment! I may do another one right now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home