slice of my life

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Meet the Teacher---it's me!

First some random local news.
Our town has produced a baseball team that's in the Little League World Series! It's Bryan West, senior? boys (16 and under), and they're in Maine with a 2-and-0 record. They play again this morning at 8 am.

There is a new Reveille--and she's a collie from Kansas. Reveille VIII can be seen in pictures here. I wonder if they think the problems they had with the last collie will be avoided because they're getting a dog that is already grown, and not a puppy who's temperament is untried. I was actually hoping that we'd get a mutt. That's what the original mascot was!

I had Meet the Teacher Night last night at my school. It went well, and with 7 boys and 2 girls, I think I can foresee a bit of boyish violence in my future. Nothing big, but we had some questions last night about a play knife, and it makes me wonder. The parents seem great, and I have a really good "vibe" about the school year.

Then again, I always have a good feeling about the new year---anything's possible. :-)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • That is so cool about the baseball team!!! Lots of good luck to them!

    You have 9 students in all? Wow, that is so great. But, seeing as how over half of them are boys, I see lots of, um, interesting times in your future. I hope you have a great year with your 1st ever class!!

    By Blogger D..., at Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home