slice of my life

Friday, March 07, 2008

Did you vote??

You know when you chase a link from someone's website and then click a few more--suddenly you're someplace else and 15 minutes have slipped away! This is what just happened to me.

I'm in TX and I did go vote this past Tuesday. For the first time I can remember, I went to the polls for a primary, and the outcome wasn't already decided for me and everyone else in the state. (It was almost decided for me on the Republican side, though.) I really don't like the way the primaries are set up----All the early states get to decide who's going to be our candidates. Both Larry and I had other candidates we would have rather have voted for, but they bowed out before we even got a chance to support them!

I just wonder if we'd had the chance to vote earlier, if different people would have been the final frontrunners. Texas is a big state, and if we all leaned one way, it would make a big difference. I think we're the third most populous state!

We (the whole family, J included) took a survey on ABC.com earlier in the race and got our top three picks. We had some similar candidates, but we are not completely alike.

Here's a short survey. If you do it, I'd love to know who comes out on top for you. :-)


Who You Should Vote For



John McCain: 53%
Mike Huckabee: 53%
Barack Obama: 40%
Hillary Clinton: 40%
Ron Paul: 33%

Who you agree with on the war in Iraq: Mike Huckabee and John McCain

Who you agree with on the economy: Hillary Clinton

Who you agree with on health care: Barack Obama

Who you agree with on taxes: Mike Huckabee

Who you agree with on abortion: Mike Huckabee and John McCain

Who you agree with on gay rights: Ron Paul and John McCain

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • My results:

    Mike Huckabee: 67%
    John McCain: 53%
    Ron Paul: 33%
    Barack Obama: 7%
    Hillary Clinton: 7%


    Who you agree with on the war in Iraq: Mike Huckabee and John McCain

    Who you agree with on the economy: Mike Huckabee, John McCain and Ron Paul

    Who you agree with on health care: Mike Huckabee, John McCain and Ron Paul

    Who you agree with on taxes: John McCain

    Who you agree with on abortion: Mike Huckabee and John McCain

    Who you agree with on gay rights: Mike Huckabee

    By Blogger Larry Adams, at Friday, March 07, 2008 10:43:00 PM  

  • My husband and I both scored highest with Barack Obama, but he highly disagrees with the results. He is voting for McCain.

    Barack Obama: 60%
    Hillary Clinton: 53%
    Mike Huckabee: 40%
    John McCain: 27%
    Ron Paul: 13%


    Who you agree with on the war in Iraq: Ron Paul

    Who you agree with on the economy: Barack Obama

    Who you agree with on health care: Hillary Clinton

    Who you agree with on taxes: Mike Huckabee

    Who you agree with on abortion: Mike Huckabee and John McCain

    By Blogger Jennefer , at Saturday, March 08, 2008 6:59:00 AM  

  • J came up with Barak Obama as his top pick. I guess he takes after his grandparents more than his parents! ;-)

    By Blogger jenny, at Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home