slice of my life

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday's Feast, August 17th

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
I have gotten into a habit this summer of getting a load in the washer first thing in the morning. I get those hung up when they're washed. About every other day, in the afternoon, I'll sit and fold clothes in my bedroom (watching Oprah or something). Some days I need to wash two loads of clothes. I've been working without a dryer this summer!! It shall be fixed very soon. :-)

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
I hate to answer this! Don't want to offend anyone! ;-)
Actually, I have always thought anyone older than my parents is old. Therefore, my "old" perception keeps shifting upward.
But who could deny they're old when they're 80? So I'll be old when I'm 80.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
I want to write a book sometime. That's long term. I don't even know what it will be! Maybe a children's book. Another one I thought about was writing about women's birth experiences. Lately I think I could write a curriculum book for preschool.

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
There are some things my kids told me lately that I didn't believe.
Actually, this morning I heard that 60% of people don't have health insurance. That's unbelievable! I thought a lot more people would have insurance.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
7
Happy Birthday Granny!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • I love your folding routine. I should adopt that myself!! Have a great Friday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 17, 2007 10:42:00 AM  

  • writing a book, that is a good goal. i hope that you do that someday... if you did it, writing your first book would be something special in your life!

    By Blogger josh bridges:, at Friday, August 17, 2007 11:07:00 AM  

  • Fun answers! Hope your book writing goal comes to fruition. That's a wonderful goal.

    By Blogger Susanne, at Friday, August 17, 2007 11:09:00 AM  

  • Great feast and loved how you got your granny in on it too. Happy Birthday Granny. Have a great FF. :)

    By Blogger Sandee, at Friday, August 17, 2007 12:48:00 PM  

  • Oh yeah, writing a book! I forgot I wanted to do that too :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great weekend!!

    By Blogger BeccA's Buzz, at Friday, August 17, 2007 2:13:00 PM  

  • When I was a very young child I established (and announced) the rule that you are not old until you are 92. I'm sticking with that.

    By Blogger sarahdawn, at Friday, August 17, 2007 4:50:00 PM  

  • Hey Jenny!
    Actually whenever I have dirty clothes I usually take it straight to the washing machine (which is downstairs) since we don't have hampers or anything like that. And when we wash our clothes we always have to hang around until the "rinse" (twice) when we collect the grey water to use for the garden (we're on water restrictions here) :P
    Great answers to your feast! I've wanted to write a book as well but I think I'll need a lot more life experience (and knowledge) before I do seeing as though I'm more inclined to write something non-fiction :) All the best with your pursuit to be an authoress! :)
    Thanks for sharing your feast and for stopping in on mine - hope you're having a fantastic (and happy!) weekend :)

    By Blogger Lady of Musotopia, at Friday, August 17, 2007 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home