slice of my life

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, June 2nd

Join the Photo Hunters!

Click on the blogroll to visit more photo hunters.

Today's Theme is Art.

This is a subject very near and dear to my heart. I took art classes for kids through Memphis State University (I think?) when I was in 3rd grade (I think again?). I took private oil painting lessons from a lady at our church when we moved to Texas. I took a year of Art in Junior high and then 3 years in high school. (I also took band so I ended up with 7 credits "Fine Arts" and I only needed 1 to graduate!) I've done pencil sketches, pastel drawings, charcoal, calligraphy, worked with clay and fired my work in a kiln, weavings, drawn with Prisma Pencils (one of my favorite mediums), pen and ink, not to mention crayons, glue, papers, ballpoint pens and markers. I love playing with this kind of thing! I even encourage art activities in my pre-school classroom. I just don't have a lot of pictures of me doing this!
This is a picture of me and my Art Club, circa 1987. I am the one in the red shirt in the middle. I had to scan in an album page I made! (Click on it to see a larger image.)


This is my daughter in the district Art Show this spring. She had two pieces of art in the show, a storyteller doll (colorful to our left) and a wax resist (the one with the yellow mat that looks like a sunburst).



J also had a piece in the Art show this spring---a bowl he had made. I love the colors he chose.










This was one interesting shot I took at the show of other students' art. Tiny Day of the Dead Masks (a Hispanic /Mexican tradition). Dia de la Muertos!
So Art is even important to my children. I have shared what I have learned about perspective and shading and colors, just in a natural way through the years, and I think they are very good at producing what they want to on paper or in clay or any medium they choose. It's creativity!
Next week's photo hunters theme is Shoes. Come back and see what I find!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home