slice of my life

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Meme---Page 12

There you go, Sirius, Harry thought dully. Nothing rash. Kept my nose clean. Exactly the opposite of what you'd have done . . ."

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K.Rowling.

Here's my submission for the meme I found on Exceedingly Mundane. Here are the rules. If you have a blog, and you're reading this---I want you to take a minute and play along! Or leave a comment if you're blogless.

You need to:
1. Pick up a book that is near to you
2. Go to page twelve in the book
3. Read the first two sentences and post it on your blog
4. Also post the book title and the name of the author
5. Tag 3 other people

I say modify #3 to your liking---both Ex. Mundane and I both did more then 2
sentences!

I have not been writing on my blog. What?! Yes, I haven't been actually writing much. I want to do it more, so I will. But if you know me and can see what time I'm posting this, you know I'm up past my own prime time. So another time. :-)

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, glad you played along :) I'm with you, I would have totally put more than 2 sentences, those are just too short and leave you hanging :)

    Happy Reading and have a great day!

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:24:00 PM  

  • But because he was the chairman he had an additional office he was required to staff with people like Rebecca who was in a frenzy all day preparing for the next round of hearings that no one would attend. Her father had pulled strings to get her the job.

    The King of Torts by John Grisham

    By Blogger Larry Adams, at Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:45:00 PM  

  • He could er knocked 'em out like clay pigeons. Bang!

    From the Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor. The actual story is "The Geranium". I had just bought this book and it was sitting next to me. And what a great couple of lines! :)

    By Blogger janet, at Monday, June 25, 2007 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home