slice of my life

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Interview

I saw this interview on Heart of Rachel, and asked her to interview me. If you want to be interviewed, let me know in the comments, and I'll send you some questions to put on your blog.

1. Are you a wise or impulsive shopper?
I like to think I am a wise shopper---I make grocery lists and menu plan, I watch for sales and I don't go shop when I don't have any money! But I have been known to buy something on impulse.

2. Name something (could be an event, situation, thing or person) that gives you a natural high.
I really love to open up a new scrapbook or a new notebook or journal. It's a small little high in my life! :-) Going down the water slide at the pool also gives me a little high.

3. Fill in the blank : Life is a series of ______________________.
The first thing that came to mind was Life is a series of Unfortunate Events. Like the book series J is fond of reading. or the Jim Carey movie you might have seen?
But
That is not really my philosophy of life! How about . . .
Life is a series of moments God is drawing you into.

4. What is your idea of pampering?
Someone else making my bed, someone else cooking my meals, someone else driving my car for me (thanks, Larry!), and a nice massage. But this isn't happening to me in the near future, I am afraid! I feel pampered anytime I am relieved of duty, so to speak!

5. Share a random act of kindness you recently received from someone.
It wasn't random, but my friends rallied around me when we were going through our flood. The biggest blessing was the housing we were offered when we had to leave our house. My friend T had a duplex she rents out, and one side was empty. She let us stay in it about a week. It wasn't furnished, so we sort of camped in there with air mattresses and camping chairs. She told me it was so not a big deal for her, but for me, it was a blessing that I couldn't have done without. Not to mention, my friend L let us stay at her house one night at the drop of the hat----so last minute, and she let us come in there and disrupt her family. Just a huge thing to us. I now want to be able to do that for someone else!

Interview rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions
.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Okay? Who's game?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I wondered why I didn't see you on BSM this week...I love your picture of the feet.

    It's taken me five or so years to be completely comfortable wearing flip-flops. I don't know why I didn't like my feet before, but obviously, they're the feet that God picked out to carry me through life. :)

    With that said, I'd like you to interview me!

    Have a great week, Jenny!

    By Blogger a, at Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:34:00 PM  

  • Hi Jenny. Thanks for sharing your wonderful answers. Sorry wasn't able to get back to you sooner.

    I think I'm the opposite in #1. I often buy things impulsively but I try to change this not-so-nice habit.

    A new scrapbook or journal is exciting. I received a new journal from an online friend and I'm excited to start writing my thoughts in it.

    I love how you answered #3.

    We certainly deserve to be pampered from time to time.

    Friends are blessings especially those who you can count on during tough times.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Monday, June 18, 2007 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home