slice of my life

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First Track Meet


I have so many things to blog about, I'm taking it one piece at a time!!

Here is Bess runnning during her first track meet June 9th. This is just her warming up, actually---she's the one in blue.






Here she is doing the first event, the Long Jump. She also did the Softball Throw.

I sorta made the family leave early from the meet---this was the same day we were leaving to drive to Memphis!! I knew we had a 12 hour drive ahead of us still. So we ended up leaving at noon on Thursday, and Bess had to miss the running events. It was hot (of course), and we had a lot of time waiting for events to happen (of course).

It is a lot like Jamie's acting experience: Each player has their small part to play, and you have to do a lot of waiting to get to your part! This is good for Jamie, I always thought. Whereas school is a drag and boring (and he *might* get in trouble!), he has learned at Troupe to sit, keep himself occupied, and wait for his time to go on. I think he even enjoys watching others. Hopefully all those same things will be taught by circumstance to Bess. A lot of life is waiting in line!!

And thinking of that, I have to say that the local DMV got me a new license in less than 6 minutes!! It was unbelievable!! I went in just before noon one day in May, and when I got back in the car, six minutes had passed. I had an eye test, and a picture taken. Can you believe that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home