slice of my life

Monday, June 05, 2006




Monday was the first day of Bess's Summer Track Camp at the High School. Fortunately for us, one of the two coaches was her P.E. coach from school! He told her right away that she was going to know all the stretches they were going to do every morning. This camp is Mon.-Thurs. all through June. Jamie and I hung around in the stands, and I used the time to walk up and down the stairs a few times. I figure if I do it some every time we go, I'll have great looking legs soon. Bess enjoyed the running and the jumping. She seems right in the middle of the pack as far as age range, which to me is perfect.

The second sporty thing we did was go swimming after lunch. Two hours had passed before I knew it! The only bad thing----I apparently missed a triangle of skin on my right shoulder when I applied my sunscreen. Ouch! Jamie always has fun on the slides, and they both enjoyed jumping into the deeper water. The day was made more fun because two mom friends of mine and their two kids each were swimming with us. Bought a 25 punch pass! Yahoo, it's summer!

The last sport event of the day was Bess's softball game. And Yahoo again, the Storm team won 2 to nothing. Whew!! They are having a fun time, but it is more fun to win sometimes. They were playing really well tonight.

And now we are home, watching college women's softball world series. I made a really good Jambalaya in the crock pot tonight, and everyone, even my picky little daughter who has sworn off almost all meats as well as tomatoes, really liked it. I am pooped out today, but you may just find us at the pool again tomorrow. It's good to not be sitting on the couch all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home