slice of my life

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Movie Review

I am sort of having a race with Jamie to see who posts more messages. I'm up by two now. He doesn't know I'm racing him, though, and I'm telling you it won't count if you post a bunch of little nothings all in one day, Jamie!!

Larry and I watched "Memoirs of a Geisha" a few nights ago. I really liked it, and I am thinking about the story of it these days later. I'd recomend it. It's not a Christian mindset, the way these lives run, but there is an order there, and it is intesting to me. This is why my minor was Anthropology!

I already love all Amy Tan's books (about China), so another story by another author (Arthur Golden) on Asian topics (Japan) interested me, too. I like having a window into another culture and time, and from looking at the extra features on the DVD, I think the author took time and effort to get it right. The director and others making the movie took liberties with the costumes and makeup, they said, going a little more dramatic and more "fashionista" with the geisha. I'm okay with that. It's one of those beautiful movies. So, after I finish this Fannie Flagg book I'm on now, I might try to get this one at the library.

I enjoy getting your comments on the blog!
Jenny

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home