slice of my life

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What is your dream job?

Bess and I are writing this summer---she asked to repeat my at-home work I was requiring last summer and some summers past. This is always something we start, but it kind of peters out as the summer wears on. But maybe not this summer!! I have great hope (as I always do). In the past, we were supposed to write a sentence for every year we'd been alive. I've already said I am not writing that many sentences anymore!! I have other things to do (like go check my Facebook or de-clutter). She could still write 12 this summer "or more," as she said. Oh, she is such an overachiever. Sound familiar?


The title is a question Bess wrote. She and I wrote questions yesterday and put them in a cute little bucket.





Actually, I think my dream job would be writing. I have this idea that I keep coming back to that I should write curriculum. I'd like to do this after the charm of being a classroom teacher has worn off, or when I am too worn out to do it!


Meanwhile, I am doing my research and getting ideas while I teach. I enjoy being in my own classroom, too! I've thought lately if I could just be a teacher right where I am--- in a small Christian school, small class size, pleasant co-workers, involved, caring parents---but have a permanent assistant (doing all the things that are tiresome or things I wish I could get done but can't alone) then I would do this forever. I'd do it for free if I didn't need the money.


The awesome thing is, I DO have a free assistant this fall! I will have a student teacher from the very first day of school, 5 days a week, all day until about Thanksgiving. She was my "senior methods student" in the spring, and I am so looking forward to working with her. God answers prayers, and even gives me the desires of my heart sometimes!

If I could use what I know and will learn, I would like to share ideas about Social Studies and special units that could be used in a Christian or any kind of school. I have realized I love Social Studies. I'm also still interested in language acquisition.


Oh----time to check on my Facebook account.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I hav ealways thought that you wold be a writer and maybe illustrator. Go get that done. After being in academia for 6 years I seem the need for
    you to take some graduate classes to see how to go about getting that kind of thing published.
    letters behind your name will help with that
    I love that you are bot5h qriting can't you get Jamie to write with you??
    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:37:00 PM  

  • I hav ealways thought that you wold be a writer and maybe illustrator. Go get that done. After being in academia for 6 years I seem the need for
    you to take some graduate classes to see how to go about getting that kind of thing published.
    letters behind your name will help with that
    I love that you are bot5h qriting can't you get Jamie to write with you??
    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:37:00 PM  

  • I think you would be wonderful at writing curriculum. You are very creative, but you understand the learning process and how the activities and learning support each other. Fun!

    By Blogger gigi, at Friday, June 24, 2011 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home