slice of my life

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday's Feast, April 11th


Appetizer
What is your favorite vacation spot in the United States?

I've been looking up camping websites this morning! ;-)
I will go back to Niagara Falls, my honeymon spot. (Although I was in Canada.) It's a very cool place.
This also tells you how long it's been since we had a really great vacation!

Soup
If someone else (friend, co-worker, family) brings up a religious or political topic, how likely are you to join the conversation, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = not likely, 10=very likely).
I work in a religious place, and I've been there quite a while, so I think I'd be a 10 on joining in. I'm pretty comfortable about where I stand and what I believe, and most people I know, know me well enough to not be surprised by anything I would say.

Salad
What song do you listen to when you feel very sad?
Well, do I want to stay sad, or do I want to get out of my Funk?
I will often go back to my comfort music, and this might be on no one else's list, but I reach for my The Very Best of Crowded House CD. You might know "Don't Dream it's Over" or "Something So Strong" from the radio. But every one of the songs on there I know by heart, listening to those for more than 20 years now! It's a comfortable place to be.
And it's in the CD player right now, from when I was playing it this past week!




This next one is the first one on the CD, so with these very opening notes, I think my body goes into a more relaxed state---blood pressure lowered, pulse lowered. And i get the longing to scrapbook, because I love to scrapbook with Crowded House. :-)




I think these songs start out as comforting and sympathizing with my sad spirit, but get me out of the funk as I listen longer. That's what good friends ought to do.

(Rachel---do you concur?)


Main Course
Someone you really admire is coming over for a home-cooked dinner. What do you serve him/her?

Well, probably I'd agonize over it for sometime, and try to guess what they'd like best. Or about dietary needs! ;-) In the end it might be a delicious lasagne recipe I have, or maybe the tried and true unique Sausage Casserole that I have blogged about before!

Dessert
If the only form of transportation left in the world is by animal (horse, mule, camel, etc), where would you live?

I could still live in my town. If they now would allow animals in my neighborhood!

Maybe I'd talk my hubby into moving closer to my parents or my sister. But to go from here to Utah would be too much on a mule, I guess.

This morning I got my questions from The Sun Always Shines on TV and Maui . Our regular host is taking a break! Join in! Enjoy another feast.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Great feast Jenny. I've never been to Niagara Falls, I have to go. Happy FF!

    By Blogger Mitchypoo, at Friday, April 11, 2008 10:18:00 AM  

  • Great feast! i've been looking for a good sausage casserole recipe that I can make veggie for a while, one question though, what's velveeta?

    By Blogger Rach, at Friday, April 11, 2008 10:48:00 AM  

  • Scrapbooking to Crowded House sounds like a good idea!
    The sausage casserole sounds great -- my dh loves sausages.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 11, 2008 11:12:00 AM  

  • Great salad! That is a blast from the past and I am remembering how much I loved listening to Crowded House. Thanks for the songs!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 11, 2008 2:07:00 PM  

  • This is Jenny's Mom. Velveeta is a processed cheese product that melts readily and becomes gooey. It is delicious and very fattening. This is a variation on a recipe that I found on a jar of spaghetti sauce. I've always gotten conpliments on this dish. Mozarella cheese and swiss chees are a variation to using Velveeta cheese.
    Comfort food.

    Great feast!!!!

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 11, 2008 6:57:00 PM  

  • Good work! I like Crowded House too. It's the group that evolved from Split Enz, am I right? Yes, I think I am.

    I went to check that Sausage Casserole recipe. I might have to try it out! :-)


    My post...

    Hope you had a great Friday! :-)

    By Blogger Gabriel, at Friday, April 11, 2008 9:47:00 PM  

  • Jenny-
    thanks for the mentions!
    Thanks for the Crowded House videos. Crowded House is all sadness and happiness and meloncholy. It makes me remember my freshman year (your senior year) when I would go to school with you in the station wagon! I would listen to CH-Temple of Low Men for an hour before regular classes began.
    I wish we did all live closer. I am enjoying the views out here. :-)
    love, Rachel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home