slice of my life

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Photo Hunt 7-2-11: Busy

This week's theme is something I can look back on, and it's not this week. Thank goodness. I'm not busy and my body and mind are thankful.

My busiest time of year is probably during the end of the school year, April through May. It's that way for any parent as we're wrapping up the year with awards and recognitions. On top of that, I'm a teacher, so I'm behind the scenes getting awards and recognitions ready, plus report cards, final assessments, and parent-teacher conferences. It's something to be endured and I just ride the wave, doing my best!!

My classroom of first graders is busy, and they get busy on the playground, too. I wanted to post some of the classroom, but I can't post someone else's kid's face! So here they are on the playground on a field trip we did last fall.
I try not to give "busy work," but I choose activities that help them along in their progress. Instead of just keeping them busy on worksheets, I hope I can keep them busy doing hands on games that go along with the skills they're learning in other lessons. If they're done with work, I like for them to choose reading or writing, but I am working one getting a "centers" choice going for the fall. The problem is space in my classroom. I guess my mind is busy thinking about school even when I'm not there.

If I really wanted to show "busy," I might have to post a series of pictures.

If you want to join in the photo hunt, it's open to all at TNChick's website. Next week's theme is near. I will be taking more pictures this week since there's a holiday and we'll get together with my parents.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home