slice of my life

Friday, August 25, 2006

"Stuff" for today

I have to first direct you to Chris Field's blog about t-shirts and then (oh so interesting) swimwear. I expect Larry to order it for his daughter for next year, and then several years after.

Today I am going to a parent/teacher conference with J's teacher. I wanted to get this in early to get the year started off right. What I really want to discuss is getting him organized and keeping him organized.

I will be going to a sleepover/work-a-thon at my workplace for getting our classrooms ready for the school year. I hope hope hope I get my class list today. I am always so excited to see the names of the kids I will teach on my 3 days a week. I teach Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 to 1:30, and on Wednesday it's 9:00 to noon. I can drop my kids at school, and still pick up my kids from school. I have said this recently to someone that this is the exact kind of job I thought I wanted when I was imagining my life. I still have my Mondays and Fridays to go up to my kids' schools, pick up the house, or run the errands. Perfect! Now what I did not imagine was that money would still be a struggle for me. I guess working part time only pays a part time wage as well! Huh? Did not count on that.

4 Comments:

  • Not sure if I know you or not, but thanks for the "shout-out" on your blog.

    Good luck with the teacher conference. My parent's (as you might be able to guess from my blog) have some (now) funny stories about those from when I was in school. Good times.

    By Blogger Stacey, at Friday, August 25, 2006 9:09:00 AM  

  • I know who you are. Sorry :) Have a great day!

    By Blogger Stacey, at Friday, August 25, 2006 9:27:00 AM  

  • Just for the record, I have some funny (now) stories about Chris's father from when he was in school. Actually, J reminds me a lot of Chris's father! And, Chris.
    I guess that's why he's one of my favorite kids. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 25, 2006 4:06:00 PM  

  • Jenny-

    I just saw the pictures from the first day of school and I couldn't resist another comment: Is your daughter's teacher names Raul by chance? He looks just like a guy that I went to and graduated high school with. That would be too weird if it was.

    By Blogger Stacey, at Friday, August 25, 2006 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home