slice of my life

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

summer begins


This is my "testing testing one-two-three" blog. My first!

I am enjoying my first day of summer. My job as pre-school teacher is done for the school year, and my own kids are in school for two more days. Uninterrupted computer time? yea!!

I'm adding pictures of what Bess and I did Sunday, the trip to Natural Bridge Caverns, near New Braunfels, TX.

The picture below is a picture I took in the cavern with no flash, and it came out really good. This room is called "The King's Throne Room" and it was my favorite place in there. Much to my disappointment, it wasn't cooler in the caverns, but very humid and slippery. To the right you see me with my jacket tied around my waist---wishful thinking that it would be cold in there. This was a trip with Bess's Brownie troop, a reward for selling cookies.

My agenda for the day:
*get my e-mail caught up
*personal Bible devo
*housework---sheets and vacuuming on the top o' the list
*sell popcicles at Bess's school (raising money for postage for school supplies to go to Bolivia!)
*cook something good for dinner

It's the beginning of my summer of good intentions----"quality" and quantity time with the kids. The quality time will come with quantity time spent. my hopes?
LESS TV!
MORE READING!
MORE SWIMMING!
MORE JOURNALLING! (this one will be a hard sell with my two!)
MORE EXERCISE!
LESS WHINING!

We'll see . . .

4 Comments:

  • Jenny,
    Hey! Congratulations on your trial run. Looks like it was a success. Have a WONDERFUL summer with your kids!

    jan

    By Blogger Jan, at Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:21:00 PM  

  • wow wee! i say to get your summer off to a good start, don´t be up so early!!! ha!
    soooo glad to have you in the blogosphere. you and jan both! it´s a college girlfriend miracle.

    By Blogger janet, at Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:05:00 PM  

  • I just changed the time stamp---I think it was on a pacific time zone, so I am not getting up too early. You know I'm an early riser, anyway---it's cooler in the summers in the morning!
    J

    By Blogger jenny, at Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:10:00 AM  

  • Hey Jenny!
    Mom here good to see this. Aunt Mary said that the journaling thing is hard the first few years you do ti but she made Beth and Dan do this each summer day and it gets easier for them. She just ahd them write what they wanted to do each day. It htink it's a great idea widh I had done it for you and Rachel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home