Accolades and Promotions
The next picture is the very next weekend. I took B to see her great-grandmother this weekend. Again, it's 4 generations. I had a great time visiting with my family. The kid who didn't go----he/she was busy at home that weekend. I couldn't figure out how to get us all there at the same time. Disclaimer---I don't like my hair in this photo!!
This summer I'm getting the kids to plan and make one meal a week. They have to help me make the grocery list and then I will assist them when they're cooking, too. This meal was J's. He had seen a recipe in a magazine when he was taking the TAKS test in April and asked his teacher if he could copy the recipe. It is Sausage Arugula Pizza. We didn't really know what arugula was!! This will be an adventure. :-) This meal was good!
Sunday night was Ovies night for TROUPE. This the Ovation Awards ceremony for the end of the year. This picture is Larry and J presenting awards.
- Most Memorable Character---his Chef Ludmilla from Dear Edwina
- Best Vocal Performance by an Ensemble----"Book Report" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!
- Outstanding Backstage Crew Member----during Seussical, Jr.
- Teen/Youth MVP
- All Star Cast
- People's Choice Award
- The Backstage Award (for kids who were understudies & mostly didn't get on stage!)
- And the Best one----The Wanda Daisa "Heart & Soul" Award
This award goes to someone who's got all their Heart and Soul into TROUPE. Which Jamie does. It's named after one of the founders of Troupe who has passed away now. It's a great honor.
Larry also got two awards!! We're proud of him, too. He got the Outstanding Member Award for the "Nostalgics" (the adults who sing and act), and he also got a Director's Choice Award.
We were at the Woimen's Club in Bryan----A great facility!